PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing a RAKE receiver using the PXI unit

Hi there,

I am working on my final project at the university. I have to simulate in LabView the Uplink and Downlink in WCDMA and cdma2000. For this, I have to use the PXI unit which comprises the following modules: PXI-8105, PXI-5421, PXI-5610 Upconverter, PXI-5600 Dowmcoverter, PXI-5620 digitizer. Is it possible to implement the RAKE receiver using this hardware? or this kind of receiver is already implement inside of the hardware by default?.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,643 Views)

Hello,

You can simulate a RAKE receiver in software using LabVIEW and the Modulation Toolkit.  If you currently do not have the Modulation Toolkit, I would suggest looking into getting it for this application.  The picture below maps what happens in hardware and software for a general RF application.  The Modulation toolkit has premade building blocks and examples to get you start.

In addition, refer to these additional links for more information about your specific application.  The second links Figure 1 lays out what you will have to do in software after acquiring the I Q information.

Developer Zone: Spread-Spectrum Communication Systems

Informative Website:  Figure 1: Typical four-finger W-CDMA RAKE receiver

Message Edited by samantham on 04-07-2008 11:03 AM
Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,619 Views)

Thanks Samantha for your answer.

The first figure especially has helped me to understand the stages where I have control over the signal to design the RAKE receiver. So this means that all the processing of the RAKE receiver should be done over the IQ waveform at the ouput of the digitizer.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,556 Views)

Hello,pls if you can send your simulation of uplink and downlink of WCDMA because i have year that i'm trying but i can't success,

my email zehara.ahmed@yahoo.fr

BR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,238 Views)