PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images of a NI-PMA-1115?

Can anyone provide an image of a PMA-1115 showing a realistic complement of connectors and cables? I'd like to see what this unit really looks like in a deployed scenario. Looking through the manual and online, I only see pictures showing the unit without anything cabled up. What is the solution for connecting the USB from the display/keyboard to the PXI controller? As an aside, I'm looking to make a "nice looking" mobile solution for vibe testing in a test cell environment. If anyone wants to share alternatives to the PMA-1115, I'd love to see them. Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,568 Views)

Hi C. Minnella-

The PMA-1115 does not require any fancy connectors or cables - it attaches directly to the side of a PXI chassis and comes with traditional VGA and DVI cables for the monitor and a right-angle-to-vertical USB cable for the touchpad and keyboard.  The picture on the product page is what it looks like as attached to the side of the PXI chassis.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,564 Views)

Thanks. I get the idea of what the monitor and keyboard look like. I read through the manual and looked at the installatin procedure. I'm looking for an idea of how slick (or not) the system is in practice. For example, would you transport it with the cables plugged in, how much do they hang out, will they snag on things, etc.? I've wanted to get a lunchbox PXI chassis for a long time. I picked up the ACME system a few years ago, and I was so disappointed with the hardware that I had to send it back. Any additional info would help. I'll contact my rep and see if I can borrow one..

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,559 Views)

C. Minnella-

I think the best idea is to contact your Field Sales Engineer as you mentioned.  I don't have access to any pictures of the 1115 in use.  It also sounds like you are wanting to get your hands on one - you want it to fit your individual needs.  Good idea to contact your rep - that is probably what I would have suggested.

Have a great day!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,546 Views)