From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought of switching to either PXI standard or RT system. any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,507 Views)
Dear Binh,

It isn't clear what you would like to switch from and why. If you have a specific application and would like to know the best solution for what you are trying to do, we have many knowledgable people that can help you in our sales department. Or if you have specific questions regarding pro's and con's for the application you are attempting to accomplish feel free to email us or give us a call.

Best Regards,

Amy Hindman
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,507 Views)
Amy;

Thanks for your answer. Well I intend to switch from PCI tp PXI of the following:
Arb Waveform generator;
DSO;
DSP
couple of I/O boards
But I have been told that I could use PXI-RT which is running independent of the OS and platform but required Labview -RT (which is a bit dearly). The standard PXI controller (Windows version) does need Labview which I have had a version of it.
My questions are:
1. Could I add-on module of RT on top of my Labview 6i?
2. Any pros & cons for switching from PIC to PXI since I need a portable rack of instuments which can be shifted anywhere in the remote areas.

Best regards
Binh
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,507 Views)