From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use PXIe-5645 to read I/Q data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'd like to use PXIe-5645 receiver to read I/Q data. If it's possible to read the phase of I/Q signal directly, that would be the best. Otherwise I would use I/Q calculate the phase(tan(phase) = Q/I).

For now I only have access to the basic RFSA soft front panel installed. Do I need any specific license to read I/Q?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,110 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EmmaWeng

I believe you have LabVIEW, in that case, you can use the example finder and use the examples related to I/Q to capture the I/Q data. Looks like you would need to compute the phase yourself (use the arctangent function on the IQ data and convert radians to deg)

santo_13_0-1617679333736.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 5
(1,063 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

My LabVIEW trial license has just expired. Is there a way to read I/Q data without using LabVIEW, for example a SCPI command? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,052 Views)

You can use the same examples in C#.NET or Python to collect the I/Q data.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way for you to gather the I/Q data without programming software and using the RFSA driver.

Side note - PXI instruments do not use SCPI but proprietary drivers or IVI drivers. SCPI commands are text-based commands primarily for GPIB/Serial instruments.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,047 Views)

I see, thanks.

I think I still need LabVIEW anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,042 Views)