From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize two PXI-5114 boards?

Hello,

I am a student. I got a task to synchronize two PXI-5114 boards. I wonder, should I use NI TClk and how can I do that? Or should I use only NI Scope and do synchronize using niScopeConfigureClock (but don't know exactly how configure this function, I mean what give to the clock source or clock sync pulse source input). Which one way is easier? Could you give me any advices?

Pawlo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,511 Views)

Hi Pavlo,

NI-TClk provides a very simple way to synchronize scopes or even different kinds of devices. In a couple of examples I checked you only need to pass an array of the scope, etc. session references you want to synchronize to the niTClk Configure For Homogeneous Triggers VI, then the niTClk Synchronize VI, and finally start the process with the niTClk Initiate VI.

In the LabVIEW Example Finder you will find several example programs that will explain the usage of niTClk VIs, just search for the term TClk.

Best regards,

Daniel Fulop

Dániel Fülöp
Field Application Engineer (CLA, CTA)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,501 Views)

Hi,

you were right. NI TClk is really easy way to synchronize two cards. I prepared a program and tested that in laboratory. Everything is working well. Thank you 🙂

Best regards

Pawlo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,452 Views)