PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to query for a firmware version?

Hi,

My customer requires to report all firmware versions for all components. How do I acquire a firmware version for a PXI card? I have a number fo card (PXI-5421, PXI-4072, PXI-6653).

Thanks

CT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,444 Views)

Hey Cimteker,

Firmware is handled differently accross various cards. Unfortuantely because of this, there's no one easy way to get firmware versions for everycard since it isn't all handled in the same way. I'm curious what the overall application is and why all of the firmware versions for the cards are needed. The driver version updates all the firmware that's necessary. Because of this, alot of time firmware is driver dependant.

Do you by any chance have an open service request with this same issue? We're currently looking into the firmware versions for these cards, and I'm wondering if the two issues are tied together.

The PXI-5421 is an arbitrary waveform generator FGEN device. with FGen, there's a VI inside of the driver that will actually return the firmware. It's called niFGEN Revision Query VI. You can get there by going to NI-FGEN » Utility >» niFgen Revision Query.vi. I also believe niSCOPE has the same situation. 

Lea D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,430 Views)

Hi Lea,

Yes, I do have a service request open.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,428 Views)

Hi Lea,

The only instrument that I cannot get the firmware version is PXI-7833R. Can you provide some help for this device?

Thanks

CT

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,425 Views)

The PXI-7833R boards don't have a firmware in the same sense that other devices do. You essentially create the firmware with the bitfile when you program the LabVIEW FPGA code. Just keep the bitfile saved so you can target it to the device again at a later date.

- Regards,

Beutlich
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,420 Views)