PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correctly disable the start trigger in niDigital if the trigger has not arrived

Solved!
Go to solution

I use "niDigital Configure Digital Edge Start Trigger.vi" to setup the PXIe-6570 to start bursting when it receives a specific PXIe-Trig.

However, I cannot wait forever for this trigger and have a timeout condition. In the timeout condition I have to ready the device for new bursts and therefore use the "niDigital Disable Start Trigger.vi". 

This is where the problem arises. If the trigger has not arrived, then using "niDigital Disable Start Trigger.vi" returns error:

LV code: -1074118645,
LV Status: TRUE,
LV source: niDigital Disable Start Trigger.vi<ERR>The specified operation cannot be performed during a pattern burst.

What is the correct way to disable the start trigger?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(966 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EnthusiasticStudent

If there was a timeout due to missing trigger, make sure to call abort pattern burst and then disable start trigger.

santo_13_0-1601645885340.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 2
(936 Views)