PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communication between a simulink model in PC and a dll model in PXI, using etherNet?

I use a simulation software Prescan running on the PC, and a dynamics model running on the PXI(PXIe8880). The simulation environment relays on Prescan, I found can't compile all the simulation model to .dll to deploy into the PXI, but only the dynamics model.

I want to tranmit Prescan's virtual sensor data to PXI. The data is of pictures and point cloud. And also I want to transmit the dynamics model's output  back to Simulink in PC, the output is a vector of numerical values.

My PC and PXI are connected with etherNet. I use Veristand to mapping the signals, but I can't find any ethernet port in Veristand. There are 2 port on the controller of the PXI, and 1 port on PXI-8231 card. Do I need to write a Custom Device to handle this work?

Thanks for any answer!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,810 Views)

Hi Leoherz,

Regarding Prescan, not all simulation models in Simulink could get built into .dll files. This is caused by Prescan that this simulation software should be used in this way. If you got further questions on models, pls reach TASS for further help.

There're several ways to transmit data between PXI RT and PC, e.g. CAN, ethernet, etc.. If you want to use ethernet port in VeriStand, then Custom Device should definitely get used.

There's some information might be helpful:

NI VeriStand Add-on: Ethernet/IP Custom Device

VeriStand Addon Network Comm

Configure Dual Ethernet Ports on Real-Time Controllers

Best Practices for Using Multiple Network Interfaces (NICs) with NI Products

Hope these would answer your questions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,744 Views)