From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you setup an RIO resource in Linux?

Hello, I am currently using a PXI-1042Q with a PXI-8336 Controller. I have been able to install the NI RIO Linux Drivers and NI PXI Platform Services on our RHEL 5.3 System. I wrote a small test program just to be sure that we are able to connect to the device. Through some trials, I am now stuck at the point where error -63044 occurs. This is pretty much the point where I was trying to setup the RIO resource in the NiFpga_Open call. I have run nipxiconfig and identified the controller and chassis with no problems, but I have been unable to figure out how to define a resource so that I know what to put in the open call. If anyone can provide someone, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. ~Desmond
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,501 Views)

I'm having a simlar problem. Everything is avaliable in Max but as soon as I go to run the FPGA code it gives me the same error code and its exceptionally fustrating.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,220 Views)

Hey supermedicalengineer,

I'd be happy to help you with your issue, but I need some more details about the error, what you are trying to do, and what your setup is. If you would start a new thread with that information, I'll take a look, and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,209 Views)