PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you actually use or access "Instrument Design Libraries for Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes"

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXIe-5172 O-Scope card. I need to access the FPGA and see what advanced processing I can do with acquired data. My understanding is this card is NOT a flexRIO and so you can't do the typically FPGA programming on it but instead you have to use the "Instrument Design Libraries for Recondigurable Oscilloscopes" found here: LabVIEW Instrument Design Libraries for Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes Download - NI

I have searched all over and looked in the examples and palette's after installing this and can't find any information on where this library is located and how to use its code. Does anyone have more information on this?

Where is the code installed on my computer?

How do I write code that interfaces with the FPGA? Does it all end up being host code? Or do I have to somehow add an FPGA to my project and put the code under it.

Overall I'm pretty confused and unsure how to get started. This is not like other FlexRIO cards I've worked with.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,038 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Be-lock-eh

1. File >> Create Project

2. Select Oscilloscopes - it says 5170 but these are for all of the 517x cards

Create Project 5170.png

3. Select any of the above three (above)

Create Project 2.png

4. Select from the card and FPGA that you have

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
Message 2 of 8
(1,035 Views)

Use the Create Project window from the LabVIEW splash screen, you should see a section for the reconfigurable 517x scopes.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,029 Views)

Thanks so much for this response. For some reason Oscilloscopes are not listed under the "Sample Projects":

Belockeh_0-1679355339456.png

But I do have "Instrument Design Libraries for Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes" installed:

Belockeh_1-1679355502889.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,006 Views)

@Terry_ALE

I don't have that option available. I am using 32 bit. Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit LabVIEW? I'm on 2022 Q3. What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(960 Views)

@Be-lock-eh wrote:

@Terry_ALE

I don't have that option available. I am using 32 bit. Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit LabVIEW? I'm on 2022 Q3. What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Thanks

For this work, 2020 and 2021

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(937 Views)

I don't know how I missed this that it only supports 2021.

It is now working in LabVIEW 2021 32 bit. Thanks everyone for the help you guys rock!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(902 Views)