PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I estimate memory required for running Simulink model on PXI

Hello dear PXI-friends,

I am planning to purchase a PXI device for real-time control. Various sensor signals (analog and digital) will be acquired by a PXI system and used as inputs for a simulink-modell running at 2kHz. The calculated outputs of the simulink-modell wil then be sent to an actuator.

Is there a way to estimate how much memory my system should have in order to run a particular simulink-modell? The model structure is quite simple actuatlly, but I since I have different inputs/outputs I am not sure whether the hardware can handle all this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,008 Views)

Hi,

are you running the simulink model with Veristand on the PXI RT system? Can you run the model on a personal computer instead? That could give you an indication how much memory you would need.

In general I wouldnt know how to estimate the memory automatically. The only thing what you could do to check if your model features larger array, then you could calculate the minimum memory for those part.

In the end just test your model on the device and check the memory usage. Perhaps your local sales contact person can provide you with a loaner?

But why are you concerned about memory. Normally model execution is more limited by CPU load.

Regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,976 Views)

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I am planning to run an aircraft flight dynamics model on a PXI system with Veristand. I could run the model on a pc, but only for checks, because we need it to perform in hard real time. The model will have about 8 inputs (analog and digital), about 24 states (max.) and 8 outputs (analog and digital). The update rate will be 2 kHz. I was told that a standard PXI processor can handle this, but I am also concerned with memory, besides cpu speed, just to be sure.

Is PXI generally considerd superior to PLC solutions?

By the way, is it possible to specify the acquisition frequency, model update frequency and signal output frequency in Veristand individually?

Best regards,

Lysandros89

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,967 Views)