From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I detect MIN and MAX values of inputs to NI-Scope (NI PXIe-1073) channels?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I have the need to detect the min and max values to input channel signals to NI PXI-5105 card in NI PXIe-1073 chasis. My exact requirement is to be able to detect the maxima and minima of the input signals based on a cycle where the first channel input is TDC (Top Dead Center) and the second channel input is CAD (Crank Angle Degree). So every cycle (between two TDC pulses) I need to detect where the maximum or the minimum values of the other channels are detected and presented in their corresponding CAD values.

I appreciate tips to which already existing VIs I can use ( hoping that there are already) and a guide to the right direction in tackling this problem.

Many Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,758 Views)

Hello again,

I would like to refine my question above. My current difficulty is I have a cluster of two arrays; lets say X and Y. The X values are data values of channel input and the Y values gives the corresponding CAD values of the X array elements. So my ultimate question is to detect the most positive or negative of the X values and output that value together with its corresponding Y value in the cluster.

I really appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,752 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Henok

Hello Henok,

Take a look at the example attached below. Extracts the Min and Max from the X array and also corresponding Y value.

Best regards,

Klas

Message 3 of 3
(4,746 Views)