PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High density matrix switch possibility

Dear all,

I am trying to put the matrix switch between 256ch analogue I/O.

pick 10 channels (the main problem is 10 channels are always change in every measurement.), and bypass 10 channels to another device.

I am reading PXI matrix switch brochures and manuals but have no idea which HW fits on the purpose, and the best configuration.

Any help will be really appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(851 Views)

Please provide a set of example scenarios to better understand your application.

How large the matrix has to be? do you need 256 analog channels to be multiplexed to how many devices?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(822 Views)

@santo_13

Thanks.

Just single device.

I am trying to 'break' the 256 ch analogue connection between sensor and device. Connect selected 10 channels to another device, and those 10 would be any Ch. among 256 channels.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(817 Views)

By device you mean DUT, this can have any number of test pins of interest that you need to connect to the 256 AI instrument.

For example,

You could connect the 256 AI channels as columns of the Matrix, then connect all pins of a DUT as rows.

If your device has 4 pins, then you would need a 4x256 matrix to connect any of the 4 pins to any of the 256 AI channels. Now if you add another device, you need to add 4 more rows, now the requirement becomes 8x256 matrix and you can decide which channels connect to which pin of which device.

Could you please describe using a simple diagram of such sort depicting the device pins and how they are intended to be connected through the matrix with the AI channels?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(805 Views)

Given your requirements involves a massive number of channels, NI SwitchBlock would be the right option giving you high density.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/10/ni-switchblock-hardware-architecture....

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(802 Views)