From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having isuue with PXI after third party calibration performed

Hello folks,

We are having a issue with PXI machine, Recently the PXI chassis was sent out for calibration.

We received it back, but our application is not working now - returns error  (Screen shot attached below) : looking for IMAQ 1394 Init.vi

We have these 4 boards calibrated in the PXI chassis, : 1) PXI-4204 Input,  2) PXI-6624 Counter / timer, 3) PXI-5122 Digitizer, 4) PXI-5142 Digitizer

Not sure why calibrating these 4 boards causing the issue, The application was working fine prior to the calibration.

Do I need to install any part of Labview 8.5 package?

Screen shot:

Saved tool_vi application.jpg

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Vmlp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,965 Views)

Hey Vmlp,

I'm not sure why the calibration would cause this. But, the error is stating that you're missing a part of the IMAQ library. Particularly, "1394 Init.vi" which must have been used in the program. You could try doing a forced reinstall of your vision drivers if there's some corruption. Here's a link to some instructions:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK

As for the root cause, do you have an embedded controller on the system? This error definitely has something to do with the file system on the controlling computer, so something may have corrupted that.

Bill B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,933 Views)