PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Error -50152

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using a PXIe 4330-Card in a 1062Q-Chassis, it is connected via cable and PXIe-PCIe8361-Card to a PC. Installed software is Measurement & Automation Explorer 16.0.0f0, all available updates were done via NI-Update-Service.

The simple thing I did is to start M&A Explorer and to create a task using the context menu on my PXIe 4330-Card: measure -> analog -> bridge. I try to use continues mode to read my sensor at channel a01. Instead of sensor readings I get a Hardware Error -50152. Other modes give me the same message, except the one where I pull a value "on demand": That one works, but is nothing I can make use of in my application.

HardwareError 50152HardwareError 50152

Now, if I take the cable and connect this setup to my laptop and its NI PXI-ExpressCard8360 everything works! (I made sure in both cases, that the chassi is switched on way before the PC or Laptop.) Our customer has the same PC-Card-Chassis-PXIe4330-Setup in an identical PC and experiences the same Problem. 

Does anyone have an idea, where I should look? (And no: a laptop is not an option for our customer).

Thank's in advance

Stephan (General_Purpose)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,798 Views)

Didn't solve it, just for the record the things I tried:

• took out ethernetcard to eliminate interference,
  • switched PXI-PCIe8361 to other slot,
  • went to Windows 7 energy-settings and switched off energy saving on PCI-Express.

No success up to now 😞

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,777 Views)

I switched the PXI-PCIe8361-Card to a non-identical PC: works like a charm!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,754 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author General_Purpose

What goes around, comes around. Today I'm sitting here with the exact same problem. But to switch to another computer is not an option.

After I fiddled around with the energy saving options of Windows 10 - which gained nothing - I called out to a customers NI user.

He figured there should be an energy saving option in the BIOS. And he is right:BIOS 3 - PCIExpress ASPM.jpg

To allow Windows to set power management options for PCI-Express, you have to set the option in the BIOS!

HTH

Kind regards

Stephan (Gerneral_Purpose)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,227 Views)