From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Comparison not working properly with PXIe-6548

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by viaheaven

Hello,

You have to add a Marker event to your script and then specify the signal identifier on the Export Signal VI.  From the Digital Waveform Generator/Analyzer Help:

Generate the waveform and generate a Marker event when a position(s) within the waveform is generated:
generate <waveform name> marker0 (<position 1>, <position 2>, ... , <position n>)
Specify each position in samples. Use the Export Signal VI/function for your driver to specify the destination terminal of the marker. Marker position is zero-based. For example, 0 refers to the first point in the waveform, 999 refers to the 1,000th point in the waveform, and so on.

Examples (assume myWfm has 1,024 samples):

Generate myWfm and generate a marker at the start of the waveform (sample 0):
  generate myWfm marker0 (0)

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(922 Views)

Hey Keith,

I put the marker on 1st sample and checked the response. You were right about early triggering. Now I can compare the correct samples. Thanks very much for your help!

@Kyle: Hey, thanks for explaining in detail how to place a marker on a particular sample. I really appreciate your help.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(903 Views)