PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message "waiting for RT engine (LABVIEW01) to respond"

Hello everyone

I've been getting an error when trying to interact with the PXI-1042Q the error reads  "waiting for RT engine (LABVIEW01) to respond" this stops the RT engine from working. any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,107 Views)

Hi djmaustin,

This error could have many causes.

Could you please give more detail on the issue you are seeing. E.g. What is the specific hardware and software set up (versions, drivers)? Do you have a screenshot of the error you could send over? How frequently is the error occurring?

Many thanks,

Ben L
Field Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,057 Views)

Hi

I am using a PXI 1042Q chassis with a PXI 8196 controller

I have Labview 8.2 and Real Time 8

I am simply sampling one input at 2KHz for 20000 samples 3 times in a row.  The error seems random mostly it comes up straight away but can let me run 2 or 3 times without appearing.  It also disappears if you wait most of the time but the time it takes to disappear varies from a few seconds to 5+ minuets. Sometimes it doesn't disappear at all and you have to restart labview. I will try and post a screen shot up when I get a chance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,050 Views)

Hi djmaustin,

Like Ben said, there are many reasons that this could happen. A common one is faulty hardware. Have you checked all the connections thoroughly and checked that your network card is working properly? This message would occur if your network card dropped the connection occasionally and this may explain the randomness of it.

Regards

Chris

NI Tech Support

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,018 Views)