PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: Unsupported PCI Express Link Speed

I have a PXI-1031 rack connected to a Dell Optiplex 210 via MXI-Express. Everything works fine under Windows XP, but when I try to run the same system under LabView RT 8.20 I get the  following error during startup:

[nipalp] Warning: .\Source\bus\tPCICapabilities.cpp:125 - Unsupported PCI Express Link Speed, falling back

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

For quick tests in the lab it would be very handy to have a dual-boot system like this and the Optiplex hardware is obviously capable of properly communicating with the PXI...

Thanks HU
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,835 Views)
Hello hurban,

there are two things that I can advice you to do:

1. Disable the onboard audio card in BIOS settings on that PC AND keep the USB support 1.0 component uninstalled.
2. If the first point doesn't help,
please install only LabVIEW RT, VISA, VISA server, and the ethernet drivers on to your RT target and try the same steps again. If you are able to boot up fine with this test, then you can incrementally install the drivers to see which one may be potentially causing this problem.

Please let me know, if one of these steps help you to get your RT-system running.

National Instruments
District Sales Manager
Message 2 of 4
(5,788 Views)
Hi Oyster,

thanks a lot -this is what I call a good hint !

I did as you recommended disabling all the usual suspects ... e voilà ... see for yourself on the attached screencopy. I can access my CAN and my DAQmx cards in the PXI-rack, which is all I need.

As I said, I am using this system only for in-house experiments and to improve my skills on RT, so an investment of $350 for ye olde Dell vs. $3500 for an average PXI-CPU makes a lot of difference for a one-man enterprise like myself.

I sure owe you a drink or two next time I am in Austin Smiley Happy

Many thanks again

HU
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,779 Views)

Hi, I realize this is an old post, but I'm having this same issue. I'm using LV 8.5. I have disabled all the "extras" in the BIOS.

I started installing these drivers LV RT, ethernet, network variable engine & variable client support. Then I installed NI VISA 4.2, and the error message came up again. Is this an incompatibility issue? These are the computer specs: Asus P5QL-E motherboard, 2GB PC5300 CRUCIAL, Geforce, 250GB SATA HDD, Q6700 Quad Core.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,242 Views)