PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074384569; NI-XNET: (Hex 0xBFF63147) The database information on the real-time system has been created with an older NI-XNET version. This version is no longer supported. To correct this error, re-deploy your database to the real-time system.

Hello

I have a VeriStand-Project (VSP) created with my Laptop-Host (LTH) which works with my PXI, while

deploying it from my LTH. Then I have installed the whole NI enviroment for PXI and VeriStand use on a

industrial PC (iPC). I have tried to deploy my VSP from the iPC to the PXI but the following error

message arose on my iPC:

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details: Error -1074384569 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project

Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI-XNET:  (Hex 0xBFF63147) The database information on the real-time system has been created with an

older NI-XNET version. This version is no longer supported. To correct this error, re-deploy your

database to the real-time system. ========================= NI VeriStand:  NI VeriStand

Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI

VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize

Inline Custom Devices.vi >> Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Initialize Device (HW Interface).vi

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * • Unloading System

Definition file... • Connection with target Controller has been lost.

The software versions of the NI products (MAX/My System/Software) between my LTH and the iPC are

almost the same. The only differences are:

1. LabView Run-Time 2009 SP1 (64-bit); is installed on LTH but missing on iPC. The iPC has a 32-bit system.

2. LabView Run-Time 2012 f3; is installed on LTH but missing on iPC.

3. NI-DAQmx ADE Support 9.3.5; something strage on the LTH, because normally I am using NI-DAQmx 9.5.5 and all other DAQmx products on my LTH are 9.5.5. That means NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.5.5 and NI-DAQmx Configuration 9.5.5.. On the iPC side all three products are 9.5.5.. That means NI-DAQmx ADE Support 9.5.5, NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.5.5 and NI-DAQmx Configuration 9.5.5..

4. Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.4; The iPC has this SW installed. On the LTH this SW is missing.

In order to fix this problem I have formatted my PXI and I have installed the following SW from the iPC:

1. LabVIEW Real-Time 11.0.1

2. NI-488.2 RT 3.0.0

3. NI_CAN 2.7.3

Unfortunately the above stated problem still arose.

What can I do to fix this problem?

I found a hint on http://www.labviewforum.de/Thread-XNET-CAN-die-ersten-Gehversuche.

There it is written to deploy the dbc file againt.

If this is a good hint, so how do I deploy a dbc file?

I would feel very pleased if somebody could help me! 🙂

Best regards

Lukas Nowak

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,673 Views)

Hi Lukas,

I think the problem is caused by differenet drivers for the CAN communication.

NI provides two driver for CAN: NI-CAN and NI-XNET.

NI-CAN is the outdated driver which is not longer used by new hardware. NI replaced the NI-CAN driver with NI-XNET some years ago, which supports CAN, LIN and the FLEXRAY communication protocol.

You wrote:

In order to fix this problem I have formatted my PXI and I have installed the following SW from the iPC:

3. NI_CAN 2.7.3

NI CAN is the outdated driver. I think that you should try to install NI-XNET instead of NI-CAN on your PXI-System, to get rid of the error message.

Regards, stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,632 Views)

Hi Stephan

Thanks for your response.

Finally I could resolve my problem. I had to do following two things:

1) http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/788A9B7F2A211A6086257A2F00763D6A

2) Deactivating the firewall at my iPC. Concerning the firewall it was strange, because the "Engine Demo" NI-Example-Programm could be deployed but not my programm. It seems that my firewall has somehow blocked just files related to the XNET-SW, which were used in my programm but not in the "Engine Demos" Programm.

Regards

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,630 Views)