PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environmental qualification test certificates for PXI

Hello,

We need environmental qualification test certificates (operting temperature, vibration, etc) for NI PXI products as it is required for our quality assurance plan for all our future ATE requirements. Kindly help me in getting these certificates from NI.

Regards
ADM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,390 Views)
Hello. 

Thank you for posting to the NI Discussion Forums. 

In terms of finding certifications, such as Safety, EMC, Marine, and MIC Certifications, you can visit www.ni.com/certifications for this information.  Simply search for the specific product that you are interested in and the results will present themselves. 

If you wish to find additional documents that are not in the certifications at the above webpage, it is likely that you will be able to find it in our specifications documents.  For example, if you wish to find the operating temperature for the PXI-6251, you can search our website for the 6251, navigate to the product page, click on the specifications tab, and view the detailed specificaitons.  Then, the operating temperature will be outlined in this document.  Inside of the specifications document, it will also say things like "Tested in accordance with IEC-60068-2-27", which will provide more information on how we tested the product and what standards were met. 

Let me know if this answers your questions completely.  If they do not, please don't hesitate to ask!

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,376 Views)

Mr. Brian,

Thank You for the response. Can I get any certificate copy for the same environmental tests. It is great if you can send me the copy. Otherwise atleast you please tell me whether NI tests each and every module before delivery to us or tests couple of modules and claims for the others. I mean to say if we purchase a hardware module from NI is it tested specifically or a claimed one? Accorcidngly we will make sure the same to our QA. Once you say the supplied module is tested, our QA will ask us for the copy of the certificate. So, please confirm from it.

ADM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,371 Views)

Hello. 

NI does test every module before we send it to our customers.  We run each card through a rigorous test process to ensure that every aspect of the board is working properly.  So, for example, if you were receiving a DAQ card, we would have tested all the counters, analog inputs, analog outputs, and digital lines using an automated test suite. 

That said, we don't test every specification listed on every card.  We do not necessarily test the boards at the maximum and minimum temperatures that the card is spec'ed to work at.  So, if that same DAQ card is spec'ed to run between the temperatures between 0-55 degrees C, we will not run tests on the board at 0 and 55 degrees C.  These tests have been run with a few of our first run boards and that is what we base our specificaitons off of.  However, we do stand by these specifications so if you do see problems at temperatures within the given range, we will gladly fix the device for you. 

I will also say that we are not aggressive with our specifications.  So, if a card is spec'ed to run at 55 degrees C, we are virtually positive that it will work at this temperature.  Although it is not recommended, and I cannot stress that enough, many customers choose to run our boards at higher temperatures (which is not recommended and voids the warranty) and see success. 

We do not create any certificate that I am aware of that is shipped with the specific product stating that these are the tests that it passed.  However, you can think of our specifications document as this information since we do stand by all spec's listed in the specifications document. 

We take testing and quality very seriously at NI and I am confident in all of our products performing up to specification. 

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(3,331 Views)