PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR -10800 from DIO Port Write

Hi,

I have a PXI-1010 system with a NI PXI-8176 controller, a NI PXI-6052E Multifunction DAQ board, and a NI PXI-4351 Temperature/Voltage board. The SCXI-module contains three SCXI-1160 relay boards, which control a number of solenoid valves.

I am debugging an application called Ice Sample Flask Cooling.vi, in which a liquid inside a doublewalled stainless steel vessel is cooled from room temperature to a setpoint temperature by flowing coolant through the wall. After reaching a setpoint temperature, the temperature gradient is maintained in the vessel, to keep the center at a constant temperature (within about 0.5oC). Two thermocouples monitor the temperature in the center and at the wall of the vessel.
The temperatures of these and other thermocouples are constantly monitored using the Monitor Multiple Temperatures.vi. The vi's communicate with each other via data sockets.

The vi works well for about two hours. Then every now and then, I keep getting the following error message: Error -10800 occurred at DIO Port Write. DIO Port write is part of the vi Actuate Valves.vi, which operated the solenoid, which controls the coolant supply. I was unable to find anything that could cause the error. When I cancel the message by pressing continue, the vi continues to work fine, until the error shows up again after 30 min or so.

I also tried to cancel the error to force the vi to ignore the error message and continue. This would work for me, but I was unable to do that so far.
I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Best regards,

Peter Buerki
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,494 Views)

Hi Peter,

If you would like to disregard the error we have a few options. We can disable error handling on the ‘Actuate Valve.vi’ (File >> VI Properties >> Category = Execution >> Uncheck the box ‘Enable Automatic Error Handling’ ). Please note that this will ignore ALL errors in the VI.

Another option we have (preferred method) is to edit the ‘write to digital line.vi’ being used in ‘actuate valve.vi’. The error 10080 is actually occurring in this vi, at the ‘DIO Port Write.vi’. You can take the ‘simple error handler’ out of your main VI (flask cooling) and implement this in the ‘write to digital line.vi’ to allow LabVIEW to discard the error. Please let me know if you have any questions about how to implement this.

Regards,

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,483 Views)

Hi David,

Thank you for your help. I made changes in the Actuate Valve.vi as you suggested (preferred method), and successfully ran the application overnight without any errors showing up. Still it is a little bit unsettling not knowing what caused the error -10800 in DIO Write in the first place. But for now everything seems to be working fine. Thank you again for your help.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,472 Views)