From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver problems with PXIe 8105

Hi,

I have problems with three unidentified devices on a PXIe 8105 in a PXIe 1062Q

- Fresh install of Win7 Pro -32 on freshly formatted disk. Patched.

- No Nidaq / MAX installed

Three device errors are displayed in the controll panel / devices:

1)" PCI Simple Communications Controller" PCI bus 23, device 6, function 0

"The drivers for this device are not installed" and I fail to find / install any

2) "Unknown device" on Intel(R) 82801GHM (ICH7-M/U DH) LPC Interface Controller - 27BD

"The drivers for this device are not installed" and I fail to find / install any driver

Hardware ID: ACPI\NIC7019

3) "Unknown device" on Intel(R) 82801GHM (ICH7-M/U DH) LPC Interface Controller - 27BD (same as previous...)

"The drivers for this device are not installed" and I fail to find / install any driver

Hardware ID: ACPI\NIC7019

Is there a driver package for W7 for the PXIe-8105 I should install?

Any clues?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,111 Views)

Well, beyond that for now. I did not realize there are both PXI-8105 and PXIe-8105.

I attempted a BIOS update and got the wrong BIOS, so now the controller is dead.

Starting another thread on that.....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,108 Views)

After you get your hardware repaired, here is some info for the devices missing drivers.  If you are using your own installation media for Windows, it is common to see three devices on many PXI/PXIe controllers because those are for hardware on the controller that is NI-specific.  The first you listed in the GPIB device, so you can install NI-488.2 to detect that hardware properly.

The next two items you listed are the the NI Watchdog and Trigger Router functions of the controller.  They are not intended to be used with Windows - they are for when the hardware is running LabVIEW Real-Time.  We have "drivers" for them under Windows just so they do not show up under the Device Manager as Unknown Devices.  The PXIe-8105 came out before Windows 7, so I don't know if we posted these "drivers" under the downloads for this controller, but it is always the exact same file on all controllers, and it is safe to use a copy from whereever you can grab them (This PXIe-8130 Windows Vista version should be fine).  In that folder you will see three drivers - you only need to use the Watchdog and the Trigger router drivers (ignore the USB driver).

-JoshH

Message 3 of 3
(6,098 Views)