From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver issues with PXI-5404 and PXI-5421

Hello,

I'm setting up a PXI-1045 chassis for the first time on a new PC and I'm experiencing issues getting the PXI-5404 and PXI-5421 installed and working correctly. They are showing up in the NI MAX app, but they aren't re-nameable and the LEDs on the boards aren't showing activity. I went into the Device Manager in Windows and found that the drivers are having issues with Windows 10 (see images). I've attempted to repair the FGEN drivers in NI Package Manager as well as remove and reinstall the FGEN driver package.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,213 Views)

hello, what version of FGEN driver is installed to your new computer? And what OS (like Windows 10 )are you using on the computer? If you already confirmed that the chassis and modules are working fine through some troubleshooting, the environment of your computer might seem making some trouble. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,175 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for responding! I'm running FGEN 19.6 and Windows 10. I discovered that if I turn off Secure Boot in the BIOS, those two cards will function normally. I'm not sure why Windows 10 doesn't like those drivers.

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,171 Views)

Hi Jay, 

On your specific PC, when Secure Boot is enabled, do you know if it also enables Kernel DMA Protection? I've seen computers enable and disable Kernel DMA Protection via different BIOS menu options. 

If it's possible, can you do the following for me?

1. Enable Secure Boot again
  2. Type System Information in the Windows Search bar
  3. Look for Kernal DMA Protection
  4. Let us know if it's on or off

If should look something like this:

System Information.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,167 Views)

Hello Captain_K,

I checked the system settings both before and after turning off Secure Boot and the Kernal DMA Protection was off both times.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,161 Views)

Thanks for checking that! It wasn't what I originally thought. What NI driver versions do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,159 Views)

Here's a list of the drivers with their versions as shown in the Package Manager.

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,133 Views)