From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for a PCIe-8361 on a Windows 10 IPC

Hello,

I am looking for a driver installation file for a PCIe-8361 that I need to install on an industrial PC with Windows 10 (Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, i5-6300U CPU, 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bits Operating System) to get a connection to a NI PXI-PC. Can someone help?

@NI: It would be nice to have a link on the product page (supplements etc) to the corresponding driver. I can only find a link to the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,071 Views)

From the user manual (page 39, "Software Installation and Configuration"):

MXI-Express x1 is based on PCI Express technology, using PCI Express switches and/or bridges to enable control of a PXI or PXI Express chassis from a PC or laptop with an available PCI, PCI Express, or ExpressCard slot. This technology will be recognized as a collection of PCI-to-PCI bridges to the operating system, and should automatically have CompactPCI support without any additional software.

The PCIe-8361 acts as a PCI Express bridge, which is natively supported by the operating system. No additional drivers should be necessary for this device (although you may need drivers for the devices placed in the PXI chassis itself.)

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,020 Views)

To add to/clarify what Brandon said, the PCIe-8361 and boards at the other end of the cable don't require a driver to allow communication to devices in the chassis. They can be used with any OS without installing anything from NI.

However, they require a driver in order to be recognized in MAX, and the PXIe-8360 (vs PXI-8360) requires a driver in order for the chassis to be identified and configured for trigger routing and such.  The driver is PXI Platform Services, which usually gets installed by installing things like MAX or the driver DVD.  You can also get it here:

http://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.pxi-platform-services.html

- Robert

Message 3 of 5
(5,017 Views)

it should, but what if it is not

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,153 Views)

Hi Carlos,

When the BIOS can't figure things out I suggest trying the MXI BIOS Compatibility driver

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.mxi-express-bios-compatibility.html#3311...

You'll also need to flip the DIP switch on the PCIe-8361

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,150 Views)