PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for PXI Controller 8102 by WIN7 64Bit

Hallo,

I need a driver for the PXI Controller 8102 by WIN7 64Bit.

WIN7 64Bit works already on this controller, but there are always 3 Unknown Device in the Device Manager.

There are:

1. "PCI-Device", local:  PCI-Bus 2, Device 10, Function 0

2. "Unknown Device": Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919

3. "Unknown Device": Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919

I think this must be a driver problem, so post a message here, maybe someone could help me. Thank you!

PS: I have found a Driver for this Controller, but it is for Vista not for WIN7 64Bit, are they compatible?

Cabio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,654 Views)

Hello,

can you tell me, which devices you have?

Then I can tell you which driver you need.

Regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,640 Views)

This is what I found:

Software

The PXI-8101 and PXI-8102 come with the following minimum set of software already installed:

• Microsoft Windows OS (contact National Instruments or visit ni.com/pxiadvisor for a list of available Microsoft OSs and for localized versions)
  • NI-VISA and NI-488.2 drivers
  • Drivers for all built-in I/O ports

With an NI system assurance program (base or standard) added to your PXI system order, your embedded controller is shipped already configured with all software and drivers applicable for your system. For example, assume you order a PXI system that includes NI LabVIEW and NI TestStand software, as well as data acquisition modules, a digitizer, an arbitrary waveform generator, and a digital multimeter (DMM). With an NI system assurance program, NI not only assembles and tests your system but also fully configures the embedded controller with the appropriate NI-DAQmx, NI-SCOPE, NI-FGEN, and NI-DMM drivers, as well as LabVIEW and NI TestStand.

Additionally, your embedded controller is configured with a customized hard-drive-based recovery image, so you can restore your controller to the as-shipped configuration at any time. This combination of software configuration and recovery tools provides both a productive and reliable development experience with your PXI system out of the box. To configure a complete PXI system with an NI system assurance program, contact National Instruments or visit ni.com/pxiadvisor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,639 Views)

For example:

For PXI 8461 you need CAN driver

For PXI 4220 you need DAQmx driver

The version for your device you can see in the manual or data sheet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,633 Views)

Hallo p.acki,

Thank you for your Reply!

The System components are:

PXI 1042 Chasiss

PXI 8102 Controller (Win7 64Bit)

PXI 6251 (DAQ)

PXI 2576 (Multiplexer)

The Drivers for the components have I alreadys installed, I have used the NI Device Drivers DVD to install them.

And I can also see them in mein Device Manager and NI-MA.

I would like to show you a image.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,630 Views)

HI,

I mean, it must be a drive problem form the Controller, but not from the components.

Best Regarts!

Cabio

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,628 Views)

Hello,

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10383/en

For Win 7 64 Bit you need minimum (PXI 8102):

NI VISA 4.6

NI 488.2 2.7.3

In MAX you see all devices, so whats the problem?

Does the PXI System work?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,626 Views)

Hallo,

my PXI-System works, it's true.

But I would like to know, why there are two Unknown Device in my Device Manager.

I can't unterstand it, I will find it out.

PS:

The Drivers in MAX are:

NI VISA 5.1.1

NI 488.2    3.0.2

Cabio

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,623 Views)