PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive PXI Backplane Trigger w/ Digital Input from PXI-6528

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an MXI chassis which outputs a digital signal.  This is wired to a digital input on a PXI-6528.  I would like to drive a PXI backplane trigger with this input which itself will then trigger an XNET Log Trigger event.  According to the routing table for the PXI-6528, port0, which is a set of digital inputs, can be used as a source for PXI_Trig0-7.

I have configured P0.4 on the 6528 as a source and PXI_Trig4 as the destination using the DAQmx Connect Terminals VI and I've configured PXI_Trig4 as a source and Log Trigger as the destination using the XNET Connect Terminals VI.

This to me, intuitively should result in the corresponding flow:

MXI Digital Output -> PXI-6528 Digital Input -> PXI_Trig4 -> XNET Log Trigger

I've confirmed that the 6528 does receive the digital input so the physical wiring doesn't seem to be the issue. I've also configured the PXI backplane routing in MAX to route the trigger from bus 0 to bus 1 and 2 as the 6528 is connected to bus 0 and the XNET card is connected to bus 1.

But no Log frame is ever sent which tells me the Log Trigger is never going high.  Am I missing a step or not routing my signals correctly?

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,440 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blackburnite

To map a digital input to the PXI backplane trigger, a slash (/) has to be added to the front of the I/O path.

I was mapping my I/O PXInSlotm/port0/line4 to PXInSlotm/PXI_Trig4 and both of those needed to be /PXInSlotm/port0/line4 and /PXInSlotm/PXI_trig4

I assumed the same path format as used to configure a DAQmx channel without the leading slash.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,415 Views)