PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy between Manual 371088A-01 and Dimension Drawing for PXI-1042

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all, I think this is the applicable place to share this. I have some systems on PXI-1042 Chassis' I am supporting. One of the issues we have is the way they were previously mounted in a larger custom chassis. To research and confirm I was using the correct hardware, I discovered the manual for the PXI-1042 series calls out M4 holes for the bottom four holes of the PXI. The vibration mount we have from a supplier is a 6-32 male thread, and the Dimensional Drawing of the PXI-1042 confirms this. Checking the physical PXI-1042 chassis we have with thread gages, it is a 6-32 thread. I would like to confirm what should be the correct one, is it just a discrepancy in the manual, or do I have a revision of the PXI chassis that is incorrect. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,806 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JMaham

Hey Jmaham,

From what I understand of your question you are looking at some mounting holes for your 1042 and they appear to be a 6-32 thread but the specification sheet calls out an M4 thread for mounting holes. Is that correct?

I was able to look into this issue a bit and the mounting holes it is referring to in the specifications sheet are the mount holes on the side of the chassis and not the ones on the bottom. So the ones on the side of the chassis are the M4 holes and the holes on the bottom are 6-32.Both of these are called out in the dimensional drawing I attached below.

NI-1042

http://www.ni.com/content/dam/web/dimensional-drawings/2003/CU_PXI-1042.pdf

The dimensional drawings acknowledges that the holes on the bottom are 6-32 but there is an option to use M4 as well but I do not know much about that. I can follow up with our R+D team to learn more about that. 

Gerald M.
Applications Engineer
NI
Message 2 of 3
(1,781 Views)

Thanks for the response GeraldM.

Your understanding is correct.

The PXI-1042 document found here shows M4 screws on page A-10 for the mounting points on the bottom. This is in conflict with the Dimensional Drawing, and was wondering which document is correct.

I am going to proceed forward based on the Dimensional Drawing, as it agrees with the units I have. Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,776 Views)