From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions of the 160-Pin Cable for the NI PXI-2530B

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

My mechanical design team wants to know the measurements of the 160-Pin Cable for the NI PXI-2530B. It will be a while before we receive the cable we ordered. I could not find a data sheet with the measurement details; are they? Alternatively, is Figure 1 in the Installation Instructions drawn to scale?: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375656b.pdf

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,403 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hi JKSH, 

As I am sure you have noticed, that specific documentation is not publicly available. Please create a service request by following this link and using the tools on the right-hand side of the screen. Once you have a service request created, we can further evaluate your situation and hopefully get you the documentation you need. Though parts of it may be, I am not fully confident that the figure in the manual you linked is perfectly to scale. Thus, communicating with National Instruments more directly may be a better option for you.

Best Regards,

Thomas B.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 5
(6,387 Views)

@JKSH wrote:

Hello,

My mechanical design team wants to know the measurements of the 160-Pin Cable for the NI PXI-2530B. It will be a while before we receive the cable we ordered. I could not find a data sheet with the measurement details; are they? Alternatively, is Figure 1 in the Installation Instructions drawn to scale?: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375656b.pdf

Thanks!

What dimensions are you looking for?

I'm a little surprised that the length of the cables is not included in the datasheets (I did just look!) - I thought that when I ordered cables for the older-style PXI-2530 modules in my lab that the length was specified in the part description.

If you need the dimensions of the connectors, you can do a little reverse-engineering and identify the dimensions of the various components. The connector to the module is an LFH-160. The Digikey P/N for the body of a connector is WM4099-ND. It may be difficult to find the dimensions of the backshells, however.  The 4 terminal block connectors are standard 50-pin D-Subs. There are many examples out whose dimensions you can review.

Jeff

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,376 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestions. We were mainly interested in the cable length, to see if we'd need to get an extension cable or not.

The component has arrived now. For the record, it is 1m lengthwise (inclusive of the backshells).

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,316 Views)

@JKSH wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestions. We were mainly interested in the cable length, to see if we'd need to get an extension cable or not.

The component has arrived now. For the record, it is 1m lengthwise (inclusive of the backshells).

Good luck with your project!

An item for you to keep in mind- I used the similar cable assembly for the PXI-2530 module, which has an older style (and obsolete) connection ot the module, and not the LFH-160 that your 2530B uses. I found that there were channels whose resistance would be unexpectedly higher than other channels. It affected the accuracy of current measurements I was performing. There's a thread in this board if you want more info!

Jeff

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,256 Views)