PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM 2535 Handshaking one scan multiple sample not working; V ok, R nok

Good day,

the R measurements don't work, also not on the original.

We test our PCBs with labview programs, not with NI MAX. Must be more or less automatic.

I suspect the handshaking between DMM and FETMUX happens to soon when measuring R.

regards,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(408 Views)

Hello,

That response can be caused when the device measurement is not in the operating ranges causing an over range and/or the result is an undefined operation. 

I have been able to find out actually that the autorange mode is not a valid accepted value for the DmmSession.ConfigureMeasurementDigits function, the correct syntax for it would be to have a number in the range parameter like this: 

DmmSession.ConfigureMeasurementDigits(measurementMode, range, resolution) 

You can find further information about this here: 

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371293b.pdf - NI DMM Instrument Driver Quick Reference 

Please let me know if you still have some further questions and I will gladly continue assisting you with this.

Also, let me know if this works for you.

Have a good day! 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(402 Views)

You can also open the DMM Soft Front Panel to see if the results shown there were any different. If you see that the SFP reported "OVLD" overload for this measurement it means that the resistance value is higher than can be measured by the DMM. Because the measurement is in an overload state, but because "OVLD" isn't meaningful in LabVIEW, the DMM driver shows "NaN" in the VI.

This can be an explanation. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(400 Views)

Hello,

Can you give me an update on this problem? Did the above solution work for you?

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(386 Views)