PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA controller drivers for PXI system

I have a PXI-8360 connected to a laptop via MXI cable utilizing the PCIexpress slot.  The PXI chassis has 5 PXI cards all of which are can be seen and used by the laptop no problem.

The small issue is that everytime I boot the laptop connected to the PXI, the system asks for drivers for the 'System DMA Controller'.  I have put all the discs I can find and have run the device drivers disc a few times with no success.

The request for the drivers does not come up when the laptop is booted by itself, only when connected to the PXI.

Does anyone have any idea what drivers can be needed?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,784 Views)

I know this is an old topic, but I have the same problem with a desktop 64 bit vista system.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,316 Views)

Hi AllenK,

What you can do to find out which hardware driver is missing is this: connect your chassis and boot up the PC, and look in the Device Manager for any unknown devices.  When you find them, go to its Properties and under the Details tab find out the Hardware and Vendor ID.  Use this to determine what hardware you need to find the drivers for, and go from there.  I have a feeling this may be more PC related than NI related, but that check should tell us what to find.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,293 Views)

I believe the Windows error message "System DMA Controller" is misleading.  I narrowed it down to a JTAG Technologies boundary scan controller I am using.  I am currently contracting the vendor for a 64 bit update.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,286 Views)