PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create De-Embedding Array RFSA

The function I posted is "Get", only inputs are resource and error in (No s2p file input or parameters).  From my reading this is used to create an S2P or an Attenuation data file.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(252 Views)

You're right, it is a get function.

But as per my understanding, this function only works if you had loaded an S2P prior to using the create the table. If you did not load an S2P file you will get an empty array for the Get function.

In any case, you can confirm this understanding by reaching out to NI Support.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(250 Views)

OK that makes sense what your saying, i.e. in the case of an S2P file existing in use on the PXIe-5830.  IMHO the VI should be named "Query De-embedding S-parameters" instead of "Get De-embedding"... . 

The hardware has to take S21 S11 S22 S12 measurements for de-embedding calculations.  I found nothing to do this as yet.  Open up NI MAX and the APIs can load s2p file.  There must be an existing PXIe-5830 that support Attenuation Tables in the RFmx tools.  If I can't create an s2p file, I don't see much use yet for RFSA de-embedding VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(244 Views)