From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between Arbitrary Waveform, NI FPGA PXI 7841R and an Oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Family,

I am working on generation of abitrary waveform generator with limited knowledge on connection and setting up of NI equipment.

I have a non NI arbitrary waveform generator that is used to generate a programmed waveshape. I want to be able to feed this signal from one of the channels of the arbitrary waveform generator to one of the I/Os on the NI PXI 7841R FPGA. However, I don't know how to do this connection since the two devices have different connections. Aside these I also have an NI PXI 5154 digitizer and 2 SCB 68A connectors.

Also, I will like to get the processed signal through LabVIEW on the FPGA from the output of the FPGA to the input on the oscilloscope. The oscilloscope is also a non NI oscilloscope.

What connectors will I need to be able to achieve a connection between the standalone non NI arbitrary waveform generator and PXI 7841R FPGA and also between the FPGA and a standalone non NI oscilloscope.

In short, I want connectors to be able to implement this block diagram per the attached image.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lquarshie

NI 78xx Models: R Series Cable and Accessory Compatibility

Connect SHC68-68-RMIO and SCB-68A to PXI-7841R.

Use BNC-to-Wire connector to connect the waveform generator and oscilloscope to the SCB-68A terminal block.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(125 Views)

I tried to get the FPGA to be able to output 1 from a Control with input as 1 on an Indicator but got the error attached as the image.

What am I doing wrong? I tried changing the name of the resource to the FPGA's name but also got another error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(45 Views)