From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a PXIe 1082 embedded controller to a Windows XP machine using crossover network cable

Hi,

I am trying to connect a new PXIe 1082 embedded controller to my Windows XP machine (that has the LabView installed on it) by using a crossover network cable.

After booting up the machine in RT mode, the network icon in the bottom right corner of the screen shows up as "Limited or No Connectivity", meaning it has not detected the PXI controller.

Would be great if someone could point out the steps I need to take in order to start communicating.

Thanks

Ab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,603 Views)

The PXIe 1082 is just a chassis. What modules do you have installed in the chassis? Do you have a controller in the chassis?

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,601 Views)

Sorry, the controller is 8102 inside a 1082 chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,597 Views)

First make sure you have LabVIEW realtime installed on your laptop.

Then follow the directions in Chapter 2 of your 8102 manual.

Note: I don't work for NI and I don't have that particular real time controller. Post questions if problems come up.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,593 Views)

Another good resource is the LabVIEW Real time getting started manual. You should be able to find it under programs>>National Instrument>>LabVIEW (ver)>>manuals.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,591 Views)