From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conection from Destop PC to "PXIe + PXI chassises"

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to find the solution of connectiong PXIe chassis to PXI-1 chassis. As I see in the forums, NI PXI-PCI8332+NI PCIe-8372 can make the connection valid. I am wondering another setup :"PCIe-8362+PXI8360+PXIe-8360"  will work or not? Setup as below:

Install one NI PCIe-8362(Two ports) in the PC, and then install one PXI-8360 in PXI-1 chassis and one PXIe-8360 in the  NI PXIe chassis,after that connect both PXI-8360 and PXIe-8360 to the PCI3-8362 card in the PC. Is it ok?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,026 Views)

Hi Ivan,

Do you mean you are trying to control a PXI and PXIe chassis from your PC? 

From the MXI-Express user manual here, the PCIe-8360 is capable of connecting to multiple PXI chassis with PXI-8360 inside. From the MXI-Express for PXI Express User Manual here, the same PCIe-8360 is capable of connecting to multiple PXIe chassis with PXIe-8360 inside. There is no mention of connecting to PXI and PXIe chassis together, so let me verify this with R&D and I'll confirm the answer with you. 

As an additional information, daisychaining a PXI chassis from a PXIe chassis is possible using additional PXI-8331 MXI-4 card with the PCIe-836x and PXIe-8360 card.

Can I Daisychain Chassis Using MXI Express?

Best regards,

Victor

NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,998 Views)

Hi Xian,

Thanks for your information. The daisy chain you refered is truely one of the solution. What I tried to explain in my previous post is as below:

PXI and PXIe.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,991 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ivan.Chen

Hi Ivan,

I have checked and the PCIe-8362 can be connected in the manner that you have depicted in the diagram in your post, to both a PXI and PXIe chassis.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,977 Views)

Hi Xian,

That's really great! Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,974 Views)