PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conection from Destop PC to "PXIe + PXI chassises"

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to find the solution of connectiong PXIe chassis to PXI-1 chassis. As I see in the forums, NI PXI-PCI8332+NI PCIe-8372 can make the connection valid. I am wondering another setup :"PCIe-8362+PXI8360+PXIe-8360"  will work or not? Setup as below:

Install one NI PCIe-8362(Two ports) in the PC, and then install one PXI-8360 in PXI-1 chassis and one PXIe-8360 in the  NI PXIe chassis,after that connect both PXI-8360 and PXIe-8360 to the PCI3-8362 card in the PC. Is it ok?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,028 Views)

Hi Ivan,

Do you mean you are trying to control a PXI and PXIe chassis from your PC? 

From the MXI-Express user manual here, the PCIe-8360 is capable of connecting to multiple PXI chassis with PXI-8360 inside. From the MXI-Express for PXI Express User Manual here, the same PCIe-8360 is capable of connecting to multiple PXIe chassis with PXIe-8360 inside. There is no mention of connecting to PXI and PXIe chassis together, so let me verify this with R&D and I'll confirm the answer with you. 

As an additional information, daisychaining a PXI chassis from a PXIe chassis is possible using additional PXI-8331 MXI-4 card with the PCIe-836x and PXIe-8360 card.

Can I Daisychain Chassis Using MXI Express?

Best regards,

Victor

NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,000 Views)

Hi Xian,

Thanks for your information. The daisy chain you refered is truely one of the solution. What I tried to explain in my previous post is as below:

PXI and PXIe.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ivan.Chen

Hi Ivan,

I have checked and the PCIe-8362 can be connected in the manner that you have depicted in the diagram in your post, to both a PXI and PXIe chassis.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,979 Views)

Hi Xian,

That's really great! Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,976 Views)