From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Error to PXIe-6556

Dear Community

I am completly new to the PXIe-World and are trying to command the PXIe-System by already existing perl-scripts.

The perl-scripts work for several 6551-systems here, but on my 6556-system I receive the following error Message:

PXI6551 - GEN ERROR IN FUNCTION (pxi6551_actions) occurred:

PXI6551 - ACQU ERROR IN FUNCTION (pxi6551_actions) occurred:...

and many more similar Messages. So I guess, that I cannot Access my System with These scripts, however I was told, that the 6556 and 6551 are compatible.

So my questions:

- Is there an easy way to simply test the Connection between a PXI-System and a Win-7-PC by a perl script?

- Or does somebody know the error message and can tell me, what I could try next?

Best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,037 Views)

From error messages I can deduce that you trying to call actions dedicated  for PXI-6551 on your PXI-6556. Generation and acquisition are obviously the same process actions seen from both cards and they should be executed correctly but it looks like that scripts modification may be necessary.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,977 Views)