cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chassis Compatibility check

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, 

Wanted to do a quick sanity check. We're considering purchasing a new chassis, the 1095 with timing & sync. Is this chassis compatible with our older PXIe-430X and PXIe-6683H cards? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,158 Views)

PXIe-430x is compatible with 1095, are you sure you have got a PXIe-6683H?

If 6683 is a PXI version, it may not fit into the Timing Slot (slot10)

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,145 Views)

Hi Santhosh, 

Thanks for your response! 

It's the PXI-6683 Hybrid card, my understanding was it could fit into any of the Hybrid slots on the 1095? 

Thanks 

Amy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,133 Views)

It can fit into a regular PXI or PXI-Hybrid slot but you cannot use PXI_STAR triggers or replace PXI_CLK10 as described in the user manual

santo_13_0-1662121839206.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,127 Views)

I thought I could connect it via SMA to the 10 MHz ref in on the back of the chassis? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AmyWalton

@AmyWalton wrote:

I thought I could connect it via SMA to the 10 MHz ref in on the back of the chassis? 

Correct, you can use those to use external 10MHz reference

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

Message 6 of 7
(1,108 Views)

Brilliant, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,103 Views)