PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the PXIe-4224 read temperatures?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all.  We have a PXIe-4224 module, and one of the example programs for it shows a temperature selection.  We used this to attempt to measure thermocouples, but we are getting very odd temperatures (ie. 19-30° at room temperature in Fahrenheit).  We did a self-calibrate on the device, but still get the bad numbers.  So can this module actually read temperatures?  We know it is not an actual thermocouple module, but since the program had the selection, we thought we could use it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,078 Views)

1. How certain are you that it is in Fahrenheit?  The temperatures you state are perfect room temperature in Celsius.

2. You will likely have some issues due to not having a Cold Junction channel for compensation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,061 Views)

1. How certain are you that it is in Fahrenheit?  The temperatures you state are perfect room temperature in Celsius.

-I say it is Fahrenheit because I set the Scaled Units for deg F for all the channels in the task.

2. You will likely have some issues due to not having a Cold Junction channel for compensation.

-The issue here is that I can't set such a channel.  The task only allows me to choose "Constant" for the CJC Source

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,050 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhouston

Update:

An NI Application Engineer stated that this module can NOT read thermocouples.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,012 Views)