From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the D/A gain of PCI-6713?

The D/A output range of PCI-6713 is -10V-10V bipolar and 0-10V unipolar, which is too big. I could not find anywhere I can change the gain to a smaller range. Can anybody tell me how I can change it, or not?
Thanks.

flofish
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,645 Views)
Hello flofish,

I found this in the manual for the 6713:

You can calculate the least significant bit (LSB), or the minimal allowed voltage change, on a voltage output on your AO Series device as follows:

LSB = output voltage range/2^resolution of your device

where the output range is determined by your reference selection. Using AO EXT REF, you can reduce the output voltage range and lower the LSB, the minimum allowed voltage change.

You can connect each DAC to the device internal reference of 10 V or to the external reference signal connected to the external reference (AO EXT REF) pin on the I/O connector. This signal applied to AO EXT REF should be within ±11 V of AO GND. You do not need to configure all channels for the same mode. Using AO EXT REF to reduce the output voltage range results in a higher resolution at the adjusted range.

I hope this helps!
E.Lee
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,642 Views)