From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CableSense

I would appreciate it a lot if someone can answer two questions I have regarding CableSense:

1. Do you have access to the voltage/current measurement arrays generated by CableSense?

2. Can you run CableSense when using a differential Probe?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,320 Views)

Hello MrVito,

What module and chassis are you using? Also, what software and their corresponding versions do you have installed? 

Regards,

Michael Fay

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,281 Views)

Hi Michael,

Right now I haven't decided yet what module, chassis and SW to use (the answer to these questions will help me decide), but I am thinking on using PXIe-1084 chassis and PXIe-5110 oscilloscope. I am open to receive a suggestion on what SW version to use.

The idea is that while running CableSense, I would like to have access to its respective voltage measurements (I guess the voltage and current measurements are stored somewhere in order to do the impedance calculation) so I can digitally process this data later. If this can't be done, I wonder if I can use the second oscilloscope's channel to capture the voltage on the first channel that is running CableSense.

I plan to use an active differential probe, so I am wondering if CableSense can be used with it or I need to disconnect it.

Best regards,

MrVito 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,277 Views)

Hello MrVito,

I believe that you can view the sample that CableSense generates. This will give you the voltage of the pulse but not the current. You will need to convert the voltage to current given your specific impedance.

Michael 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,245 Views)

Thanks Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,243 Views)