From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquiring measurments using scxi1331 and pxi4072

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to aquire multiple resistance measurements using an scxi1331 and a pxi 4072. I am unclear on how to route the signals from the 1331 switch matrix to the 4072. On the back of the scxi-1000 chassis that holds the 1127 and 1331 combination  there are dmm type leads coming from a "HV analog bus" port.  I would like to use the 1331 to control what ports are being measured by the 4072, however I cannot seem to find clear documentation on how to route what is connected to the front of the 1331 through the analog bus outputs of the scxi1000.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,117 Views)

message update:  i have found the documentation explaining how to connect the 1127 to the HV bus output however the options and directions dont seem to match.  i have attached a screenshot of the scxi manual i am referencing and also attatched the options i have through the switch soft front panel. they do not seem to match up as far as i can tell.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,074 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raaron

Hi Raaron,

First, the way you will route the signals from the SCXI 1331 TB will be through the TB itself. The red and black leads of the DMM would be connected to the multiplexer OUT terminals on the terminal block to measure your resistance. The DMM can connect to the High Voltage Analog Bus in order to control the switching, but the actual readings will not be routed through the HV Analog Bus. 

As to setting up the Soft Front Panel for the mode in your screenshot, it looks like you will need the 4-wire 16x1 MUX topology. There is documentation about this set up here.

Robert R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,049 Views)