PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Input Anti-Aliasing Filter PXI-6123

My apologies, I think I may have posted this incorrectly at first in the Multifunction DAQ board.  I am currently using a BNC-2110 to connect, monitor, and log dynamic pressure transducers (4 analog inputs in total) from a PCB signal conditioner to a PXI-6123 card embedded in a PXI-1052 chassis with PXI-8101 controller (note, I have inherited this system running SignalExpress).  Is there any inherent anti-aliasing filters for analog inputs in this system?  If so, how are they enabled/configured?  Is this software driven by the sampling rate?  If not, how/where should this be integrated?  Many thanks in advance for any feedback provided.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,707 Views)

Hello,

I will add here two links that may answer a lot of your questions. If you still have questions after reading this articles closely, reply here and I will try to clarify them. 

Aliasing:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvanlsconcepts/aliasing/

What Are Anti-Aliasing Filters and Why Are They Used?:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/68F14E8E26B3D101862569350069E0B9

Kind regards,

Razvan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,670 Views)

Thank you kindly for passing along this information.  I have encountered this previously as part of my further reading on the subject.  While it is helpful in general, it does not address my hardware specific question about anti-aliasing features of the PXI-6123 DAQ.  If you have any knowledge specifically, I would be grateful for your comment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,667 Views)

Hello,

I have done some more research and I can confirm that the PXI-6123 does not have an anti-aliasing filter.

A similar question was asked a few years ago when a Product Engineer from NI confirmed that PXI-6123 does not have an anti-aliasing filter.

If you want, you can give us a call and talk with our technical sale department. They would advise you further on how to add an anti-aliasing filter on your system. In UK you can call 01635 523 545 directly and be passed to our sales department. 

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Razvan 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,663 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply.  We will need to add this filter to our system or obtain a DAQ card that has this functionality built in.  I will contact National Instruments sales for this next step.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,653 Views)