PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amplification factor of PXIe-1073

I am trying to find the amplification factor of the PXIe-1073 for a signal that goes through it but couldn't manage to find yet. Is it there to find in User's Manual or anyone already with experience? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,740 Views)

The PXIe-1073 is a chassis.  It does not do anything to a signal.  But there are cards you can put into the chassis to do all kinds of things.  So what particular card are you trying to find information on?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(2,723 Views)

Well the reason I asked for the amplification factor is that we are trying to create a real time simulation by connecting the electric load and power supply (by using NI SCB-68A Pin Terminal) through NI PXIe-1073 to a PC and for simulink models we need to calibrate the factors. The former hardware we used before NI was a dSpace HiL-Box and it had an amplification of 10 times when we send a desired value to the electric load and power supply over it. So I was wondering that NI PXIe-1073 may have similar effects. As a card i think an MXI-Express x1 host controller card is in use though I am not 100% sure.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,721 Views)

You are missing the point.  The PXIe-1073 only holds cards and allows you to communicate with them through the MXIe interface.  I recommend you go read about how PXI works: PXI Platform.

The SCB-68A is just a terminal block.  What PXI card is the SCB-68A directly connected to?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 6
(2,715 Views)

It is PXIe-6363, I suppose. Is it enough to determine if there is an amplification factor and if so how much by just knowing the model?  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,705 Views)

That is just a standard X-Series DAQ board (PXIe-6363 Specifications).  No amplification is done on the board as far as the measurements it gives you in the end (voltage measurement).  If you have any circuitry on the outside, you will need to account for that, though.

GCentral
Message 6 of 6
(2,703 Views)