PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC Recovery PXIe-1073

Is there any way to set how the PXIe-1073 behave when AC power is restored after AC power loss?

I want the PXIe-1073 to power on after AX power loss.

I'm using the PXIe-1073 in a long time test system (1000h) and it must start-up automatically after a power loss.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,594 Views)

I have the same problem. I use PXIe-1073 in a test bench, and it uses the AC power of the bench. There is a general power switch for the whole test bench. The operator can not push the button on the PXIe chassis because it is inside the bench.

How can the chassis power on automatically when it is supplied with AC power ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,545 Views)

If you are using a PXIe embedded controller in the chassis, there is a BIOS Setup menu option under Advanced » Power/Reset Configuration called Restore on AC Power Loss.  This setting will allow you to alter the behavior of the system to turn on automatically when AC power is restored.

-JoshH

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,537 Views)

I also have the same problem. After power up chassis won't start automatically.

I tried BIOS Power Loss Control settings Turn On and Last State without success. When I set Stay Off the PC and chassis of course didn't start after power on. Then when I start the chassis manually, the PC also starts up, but when I start PC manually, the chassis won't start. I also tried many different settings in BIOS section PCI express Configuration without any success.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,520 Views)

I found a really low-tech solution- if you tape the switch closed- tape the button down, when AC comes back up, the PXIe1073 comes back on as well.  I have it mounted inside of a portable rack, and it would have been impossible for the user to press the button.

I do not have an internal controller- can anyone confirm that this works when an on-board controller is present? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,315 Views)

Hello,

i also need a solution to this. Is there any new information?

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,885 Views)

Hi,

The NI PXIe-1073 is lacking support of remote power control. For high priority applications or long time test systems I recommend upgrading to one of the supported chassis

When on a supported chassi, this Knowledge Base provides some more details and other related features of PXI and PXIe chassis: Remote Power of a PXI Chassis

Best regards,

Robert P-F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,871 Views)

Hi, 

I second that... it worked for us. In fact, I have heard that NI application engineers also are recommending this approach!

Ajay 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,745 Views)