PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5421/22 synchronization

Mark,

Are you using 2 different PXI systems? I just didn’t see your 5421 in the list above. I would also like to ask that you go back to the example using function generation, and make sure that the 5422 is the first device in the device list, and not the 5421. Lastly, I would like to ask for your email, as I will contact you directly and post back after we have a final result.

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,207 Views)
>Are you using 2 different PXI systems? I just didn’t see your 5421 in the list above.

Oops sorry, its in slot #13.

> I would also like to ask that you go back to the example using function generation, and make sure that the 5422 is the first device in the device list, and not the 5421.

You mean this one : niFgen_Arb_Synchronize_Example_(TClk)_2 different offsets.vi ""   yes I can confirm that the 5422 is the first device (called Dev8 and Dev9, where do these names come from ?).

> Lastly, I would like to ask for your email, as I will contact you directly and post back after we have a final result.

Sure,   mark.hackett@analog.com

Regards,

MARK
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,202 Views)
The final result on this issue is that the 5421 and 5422 have different analog paths. Since the cards have different amplifiers, parts, etc, there are different delays for each card,
and this delay varies with the speed. Below are pictures demonstrating how there is no delay when using two of the same cards.

Message Edited by David L. on 04-25-2007 05:37 PM

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
Download All
Message 13 of 13
(1,161 Views)