From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28 Volt Analog Output for Avionics Discretes

I am currently designing a test system where I need 28 Volt Analog outputs. Unfortunately I need a total of 64 of the analog output. +28 to 0 low current nothing above 10ma. I was looking for just a pxi solution, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I could design a custom solution but prefer to stays COTS PXI.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,099 Views)

Hi JCIV, 

I am not seeing any Analog Output PXI cards that have a 0V-28V range. What kind of signal characteristics are you looking to achieve. Are you wanting a static output or some sort of waveform? 

I assume you are looking to do digital output, for which we have quite a few cards that could have 0 V to 28 V levels. You would just need to supply a 28 volts to the module. 

Best,

David F.

Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Message 2 of 4
(2,066 Views)

I would be interested in pursuing the digital cards that I would need to supply the voltage. The original thinking behind using the analog out was to be able to drive the Discretes 0 to 28 volts but also be able to introduce denouncing and monitor the effects on our systems. Which digital PXI cards could I use for the 28 volts?

Thanks David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,060 Views)

Hi JCIV, 

If you are just looking for 64 output channels with 0 V and 28 V levels, I would get the PXIe-6513 (778971-01). I would recommend that you speak with an engineer in our sales department (877-387-0015) to best qualify this recommendation and any other system requirements 

Best,

David F.

Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,054 Views)