From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

198511-01 InfiniBand kit pcb wrong

Solved!
Go to solution

I just received a InfiniBand block connector kit that had its circuit board installed backwards into the black plastic block.  You can scrape away the desired pads and make it work but if you don't it likely won't work for you. Looking at the plug you want the long side of the metal cover under it, short side above it, and you want the data signals on the left, top, like gnd, P1, gnd P2, etc.  The raised area of the black plastic has to fit into the top cover piece.  I ordered and received two - one good, one bad.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(898 Views)

Okay, are you trying to get some help from fellow forum members or trying to raise a complaint?

If latter, this is not the right place and you need to raise a support request or contact repair/replacement services

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/services/hardware/repair-replacement-services.html

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(881 Views)

Neither. I am advising others that may be expecting the kit to be correct, confused when their module doesn't work, and they send the module back for repair.  Also NI should know about it and do a stock check.  I reworked mine by scraping the pads free with an xacto blade.  If there is one, there are more....  I don't have the time to send this back for another but thanks for the link.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(875 Views)

Appreciate your concern. I would suggest adding a reply with images of incorrect PCB looks, how to identify if one has a defective piece and how to repair them, then mark that as a solution.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(862 Views)
Solution
Accepted by barryklein

Unfortunately I have already reworked the bad sample, but I have attached a sample of how a good board installation looks.  On a bad sample the black plastic rectangle is flipped and the raised tab extends below instead of above.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(860 Views)