From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 MHz ref CLK in pxie 5170 module

Hello 

I want to use pxie 10MHz CLK in my FPGA code as IO port, but this CLK isn't accessible. what should I do to accessing this CLK?   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,753 Views)

In the project, you should be able to right-click on the FPGA Target and add IO.  The PXIe reference clock should be in the list of available IO.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,734 Views)

thank you crossrulz 

I checked that list but there wasn't 10MHz reference CLK. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,724 Views)

With PXIe, you might only have access to the 100MHz clock (have not had to do this with a PXIe yet).  Would that work for you?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(2,722 Views)

I want to use pxie ref CLK for synchronization, I didn't find pxie CLK 10 , so when I want to use CLK 100 in generating intermediate file step, it has an error:

" An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 7 occurred at Read from Text File in niFpgaCodeGeneration_GetBuildResultsXML.vi->niFpgaErrorDialog_ReadErrorData.vi->niFpgaGenerateCode_ErrorDialog.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\test_PXIe-5170R(8CH)_StreamToHost(FPG_Q4sbNjgPnqI\BuildResults.lvtxt"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,719 Views)