Oklahoma City LabVIEW User Group

Highlighted

FRC Regional's This Week

Hell everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I know it has been a while since the last meeting. I am in the process of getting one set up for later this month. I will make sure the schedule gets posted here once we have it put together.

The reason for this post is to let everyone know that the 2019 FIRST Robotics Competition - Oklahoma Regional is this week! Here is a link for more info. 2019 FRC OKC Regional Link

I officially invite all of you to come out and see what is going on. If you want to say hi to me while you are there I will be in a Pink CSA Volunteers hat.... yea this hat is pink.. it is hard to miss... if you can't find me ask one of the other guys in the pink hats and they can track me down.

The event officially starts tonight with load in and pit area setup. But that is not open to everyone.
Everything really gets started tomorrow (Thursday) at about 8:30 am. They start practice matches at noon and the pits close at 8:00pm.
Friday: 8 ~ 6:30pm with qualification matches running most of the day with a lunch break at 12.
Saturday: 8 ~ 6:30pm we finish the qualification matches and start the playoff matches around 1:30pm this is when it gets intense. Then the final awards Ceremony starts around 4:30. 

If you can only come once... I would recommend Friday afternoon or some time on Saturday. Once the Playoffs start, some teams starting to packing up so some of the pit area will be in the wrap up and clean up phase. But if you want to see the best of the best play the game that is it.

One last note: if you have small kids and want to bring them, it gets a bit loud in the arena. While my kids (6 and 3 years old) are there we sit about half way up so it is not quite so intense (they always ask to come back). If that is to much feel free to walk around the pit area. There will be a lot of people but it is not as loud. There will also be the FIRST Lego League and FIRST Tech Challenge demonstrations on Saturday from 10 - 2.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Have a good day,

Ryan Roggow

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(310 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.