OAuth Toolkit for LabVIEW

Where can I find examples for authorizing my app with Facebook or Twitter?

Are there examples for this? For example, connecting to Facebook or Twitter? I couldn't find any included with the toolkit. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,929 Views)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Where can I find examples for authorizing my app with Facebook or Twitter?

Hey Michael,

The toolkit is useful for services implementing the OAuth 1 protocols such as Twitter, Yelp, Dropbox, etc. OAuth 2 based authentication varies too much to make a shared library so Facebook, some Google services, etc. will each need custom implementations. You can see some examples of what is used where on the wikipedia oauth page.

There is a Twitter API using this toolkit and installation instructions as well as a getting started guide are available for it.

Unfortunately I have not explicitly created example programs using this toolkit but what api are you trying to use?

Milan

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,514 Views)

Hey Michael!

Was this the OAuth that you are looking for? ;]

Milan

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,514 Views)

Ya, I found the twitter example. I was lookingmore for using OAuth as a way of Login authentication with my app. So my app basically can use the Facebook or Twitter login instead of me creating my own login scheme.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,514 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Michael,

The Twitter API should get you pretty far in that case. After the user is authenticated you can see the username in the Twitter Handle cluster. Alternatively you can make a copy of the Verify Credentials VI and use it to pull more data out of the https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/get/account/verify_credentials endpoint such as the id_str, etc. Let me know if you have any questions!

Milan

Edit: It is probably also important to know if you are trying to authenticate against Twitter with a desktop app or from a web service. The built-in Browser Workflow Authentication would not work from a web service but it does give most of the parts you need for it to put it together.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,514 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.